Thursday, October 24, 2013

Today a Firefighter made Hunter's day!

After Jason and I signed my surrogacy contract this morning, we decided to run into Lucky's the grocery store to pick up a few items that I forgot to grab the last time I was there. It was right next door to the Notary so we walked over. I picked out the items we needed, and noticed out of the corner of my eye, the Firefighters from the firehouse across the street were also shopping for some food to make their dinners. I made a mental not that there was probably a Firetruck outside and that I needed to point it out to Hunter on our way to the car. We got to the check out line and the firefighters were behind us. I turned around and said "Excuse me, but are you a firefighter?" He smiled and said "Yes I am." and I said "Is your truck outside?" He said "It sure is.." and I looked at Hunter wide eyed and said "Buddy there's a firetruck outside!! We can see it as we walk by to the car ok?" After I said that the firefighter said "If you'd like, he can come over and sit in the driver's seat!" I probably would have cried if I wasn't positive he would think I was nuts. That would mean the world to Hunter!! I couldn't wait to get out there and show my little buddy the truck! Daddy took Hunter over to the truck while I unloaded the groceries and carried Emma over to meet them. Hunter, my tiny Hunter was so small up there on the driver's seat, but he had the BIGGEST smile on his face. He was literally in Heaven.



He was oblivious to us as he sat up there, that is...until the firefighter asked if Hunter wanted to try on the helmet and firecoat. Oh boy...as if it couldn't get any better!! Hunter looked like he was swimming in that jacket, but he was so happy.





He wouldn't stop talking about it all day. I don't know if that firefighter will ever realize just how much that mean to my little Hunter. Today was awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

The Oestreich Family

The Oestreich Family