Sunday, August 18, 2013

A full nights rest

Jason and I spent Saturday night at the Hilton Garden Inn in Mountain View. It was a mini vacation, but it was so wonderful to really spend one on one time with my husband. We got to the hotel, and I was able to take some pictures of our huge room! :)



Jason and I showered and got ready for our nummy dinner we had reservations for at 6:30. I was actually able to shower without guilt and then straighten my hair and do makeup while groovin to my Pandora music. It was so relaxing! After we got ready, we headed out hand in hand to the restaurant. We had Lamb riblets tossed with terryaki sauce and sesame sead, garlic chips and onions as an appetizer. Then thr brought out a little food shot of crab, avocado and cucumber to "cleanse the palate" You know when they say that phrase that the bill is going to be astronomical. I ordered the Fillet Mignon and Jason had the 20oz Prime Rib and we shared sauteed mushroom and creamy spinach as sides. I had a lovely Figge Merlot with my steak, and Jason enjoyed a German beer. After our main course they brought out a shot size of Raspberry sherbert on a mint leaf and following that a complimentary desert with "Happy 4th Anniversary" written in chocolate!! Oh and two chilled glasses of Moscato! Then they brought out cotton candy, an adorable tradition started years ago at the restaurant. 

Jason and I finished off this wonderful night with red wine that my dear friend Laurie had sent to our room, and a trip to the hot tub! 
I slept the entire night and was able to turn off my "mommy ears" that are constantly listening for crying children. The elevator ride up form the pool we shared with a young mother and a very sleepy looking 6 month old baby. I smiled at the baby and mother, thinking about my babies who were snuggled in their beds and then allowed myself to put the motherly longing aside and just be with my husband, walk into our room, and enjoy this one night without them. When I came home today, Hunter gave me a huge hug and showed me all of his new dinosaurs that Grandma had bought him. Emma was super snuggly and I just LOVED being back with them. I missed them, but I had such a wonderful time with my hubby. :) 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

The Oestreich Family

The Oestreich Family