Tuesday, August 13, 2013

4 amazing years...

The 21st of this month marks Jason and my 4 year anniversary. It has been a crazy rough and tumble 4 years that have brought us stronger in our love and given us two beautiful children.

Let me give my readers a very quick overview of our marriage so far..

Jason and I met in 2007, when he and my brother were in the Marine Corps together as roommates. It started out very casual. We were both with other people at the time, so we were just friends, maybe with some flirting here and there. There were a lot of "Say Hi to your sister for me!"s while I was on the phone with my brother. When Jason and Andrew came home from Iraq, I was at the homecoming. We walked to the barracks with my brother to unload his bags and out stumbles my future husband, at 9am, with a bud light in his hand. "CORINNE!!! Its JASON!" I raised an eyebrow at his swaying figure. He was in blue jeans and no shirt, his feet were bare. The man was obviously enjoying his homecoming celebration with his buddies and I laughed before he said "Oestreich!" Ooohhh Jason Oestreich.. that's right. Hi. He said "Nice to see you!" and then walked back into his room. Sometimes I wish I could travel back in time to that very moment so I can whisper in my ear "THERE STANDS YOUR FUTURE HUSBAND!" hahaha!

A couple boyfriends, and a broken engagement later, Jason and I realized that we wanted to be more than friends. When my ex and I broke up, Jason swooped in and was everything my ex was not. We dated for 2 months and Jason proposed to me. Some would say that the way he proposed to me was not "Romantic", it  wasn't "Marry Me" written in the sand on a beach, and it wasn't a treasure hunt into the woods to a candle lit cabin. It was REAL, and it was romantic to me. :) We were staying at the Motel 6 during one of my visit to 29 palms, and he had lit the room with white tea lights. I opened the door and was so surprised. He had red wine, and we poured them with smiles on our faces into the plastic cups the hotel provides. We made love, and I walked into the bathroom. When I came out, I found Jason on one knee with a diamond ring in his hand. He smiled and said "Corinne Patricia? Will you marry me?" and I giggled like a silly girl and said yes!! :) It is one of my favorite memories of Jason. We tease each other about that night sometimes because when we say it out loud it sounds ridiculous, engaged in a Motel 6 with plastic wine cups... but it was so so romantic.

We married in my parents garden in their back yard in a very private ceremony and even attached a webcam so that Jason's family in MN could see the ceremony. My very best friend Jeff Decker was there, along with the rest of my family.

Our first year of marriage was spent mostly separated. Jason was in Afghanistan and I spent my time gathering furniture for our first house on base in 29 palms. In the following years we really worked on our communication skills and also on our compromise. I learned to compromise for him, and he learned to compromise for me. We learned what a true apology was and how to allow yourself to be wrong. We have two amazing children, and now we are excited to spend our first night together away from our children. My mom will be watching the kids overnight. (I can't tell you how excited I am to be able to turn off my mommy ears and actually slip into a deep sleep!) 

We are staying at the Hilton Garden Hotel and eating at a very nice Steakhouse called Alexander's Steakhouse. SOOOO excited!!!!!!




Today I got my anniversary gift in the mail. It was in a large box from one of my favorite gift stores!! Red Envelope...


I couldnt wait to open in and when I did, I knew my husband had surpassed expectations. He didnt just get a piece of jewelry (though I would NEVER complain about that hehe) be got us a personalized picnic backpack that comes with all the utensils and plates and even a wine cooling side sack!!! I can bring my chilled Moscato on our picnic hike!! I couldn't believe it! Jason is so gosh darned romantic, it makes my tummy bubbly and happy!  All that being said, Happy 4 years to my incredible amazing, loving, selfless husband. I love you Jason. 




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

The Oestreich Family

The Oestreich Family