Sunday, March 1, 2015

Waiting for the Fruits



When Jason and I moved into our house we live in now back in 2012, we looked at the giant Bush/Tree in our backyard in confusion. It was the only thing in our backyard that was green and we had no idea what it was. I planted bulbs along the opposite side of the yard, and trimmed our rose bushes, and watered the mystery bush. Everytime I went outside to water our plants I would water that bush. Would it yield fruit? "Maybe in the spring.." I thought to myself. Then Spring came, and Summer, and Fall and then Winter again. Still no fruit. Still I watered. Finally in Feb of 2015 Jason came excitedly inside saying "There's fruit on the bush!" I got so excited, and I ran outside. Sure enough there were tiny orange fruits that we later found out to be Loquats. After all these years, and all the watering, it finally yielded some fruit, and it was FULL of fruit.



I stood outside in the sun, a break from our few days of rain, with my red colander in hand and I picked the loquats from our tree while my children played in the grass. This month has been especially difficult, with Jason's Union on Strike, still not being hired by any local Police, Hunter's diagnosis of Tourettes accompanied by Anxiety and possibly other things we will need more tests for. Its been a true test of my resilience as I dealt with real grief and the delay of dreams I had for myself. I've struggled with anger, confusion, and feeling guilt, but continuing to press forward. I couldn't help notice the small message in the fruit I picked with my hands, rolling their fuzzy plumpness in my hand before placing them in my colander. The faith that if I continue to water my faith, even in seasons of dryness, that eventually it will yield fruit, or at least the hope of fruits. I have to see the small blessings in this tough time. The joy of being a surrogate again! The love I receive from my children all the time, the support of family ready to catch me if I need. Its all watering my soul, and I will continue to water one day at a time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

The Oestreich Family

The Oestreich Family