Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Morning Glories in my wake...

When I was a little girl, I had a bedroom in the back of my parents house that faced the back yard. My window looked into the garden my mom had worked tirelessly every spring to prune and weed into a jewel sprinkled rainbow of flowers. One of my favorite morning sights as a young girl was to see the blue and purple morning glories that she planted, bloom as they wrapped around my bedroom window. I always thought it was fascinating how they would close up at night and unfurl themselves each morning as the sun and dew hit their petals. Morning Glories for me became a joyous reminder of my childhood, and the peace I would feel safe in my bed each morning as I gazed out my window to see their blue and purple glory.

As I am now an adult, with my own family, and my own home, I have decided to plant morning glories. I planted them in the flower pot in my front yard, and plan on attaching a trellace for them to climb and wrap themselves wildly along the front of the house. Even though we will not be in this house forever, I feel like it would be my way of leaving a new memory for whomever rents this house next. Maybe it will bring a happy memory for whatever little girl can wake up seeing them bloom, that maybe Emma will attribute them to happy times from her own childhood...or Hunter for that matter.

Here is my flower pot now... they are growing slowly..but the snails and slugs have been fighting me for their leaves.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

The Oestreich Family

The Oestreich Family